The Lyceum at the junction of Ranelagh Street and Bold Street. The original caption read: 'Bold Street Junction with Ranelagh Street showing Lyceum & Lynn's Waterloo hotel,the site now (1927) covered by the entrance to Central Station.' The Lyceum News Room and Library, built on the site of a timber yard, opened in Bold Street in 1802. Bold Street was named after the Bold family who owned property there.

Image details: From 'Ye Olde Liverpool'.