This drawing was made soon after the completion of St George's Crescent in 1829. The widening of James Street had also just been completed. St George's Church is on the left of the picture. The dome of St Paul's Church can just be seen in the distance beyond and to the right of the Town Hall at the end of Castle Street.

Image details: Engraved by R Wallis from a drawing by Harwood