This stood on the south side of Tithebarn Street (formerly Moor or Moore Street) near the corner of Dig Lane (later called Cheapside). It was erected by Sir William Molyneux who used it for the storage of tithes received in Liverpool. It eventually passed out of the possession of the Molyneux family and was converted into shops, the main structure and the old oak roof remaining. The ground was used as a bowling-green. Part of the building was pulled down some time after 1820 for road-widening.

Image details: WG Herdman