A view of the buildings to the west of the Town Hall when they were opened in 1863. When Castle Street was widened in 1786, old properties on the west side of the Town Hall were also demolished and a new street, later called Exchange Street West, created. Brown's buildings was built on the site of the Exchange Bridewell on the south side of Exchange Passage West.

Image details: Wm Herdman