This view commences on the right hand side with the Tower and shows the stone wall which was built in 1572; the path between the wall and the Tower which continues between the houses beyond, was known as Stringer's Alley. The wall projecting in front of the church of Our Lady and St Nicholas, was an extension to the churchyard which was added in 1749.

Image details: WG Herdman