This was the first house erected on the east side of the pool; it was originally used as a place for the entertainment of passengers waiting to cross the Pool by ferry and was still standing when this drawing was first published in 1843. The trees are the last withered remains of a line which formerly extended along the side of St Peter's churchyard.

Image details: WG Herdman