In the background is the spire and south side of the Unitarian Chapel. In the centre of the view is one of the Jewish Synagogues built in 1856. The building on the extreme left of the picture is the Hebrew School. The earliest recorded synagogue in Liverpool was in Cumberland Street and was in existence in 1776.
Image details: Wm Herdman