These were situated a little to the south of the Old Fort. The first baths in Liverpool were built in 1756 at New Quay, with a plunge pool fed with water from the Mersey, or swimmers could use steps down to the river itself. The baths were purchased by the local authority in 1794 and replaced by St George's Baths in 1829.

Image details: WG Herdman