This view is of the west front, facing the Mersey. The moat was divided by a bridge and the road leading from the shore. From c. 1280, this was the residence of the Moore family who formerly lived in the Old Hall, Old Hall Street. When Bank Hall was removed, a small farm was built on the site, c. 1772. The farm remained until c.1870s.
Image details: WG Herdman