View of St Luke's Church, which was opened in 1829. The church was known as ""the doctor's church"" because of its location near to Rodney Street, the home of many doctors. The whole roof and the arcades separating the aisles from the nave were lost as a result of incendiary bomb damage during WWII and it has since been known as the 'bombed out church' and now exists as a memorial to those who died in the conflict. Within the tower is the surviving cast iron bell frame, made in 1828 by George Gilliband.This is considered to be the first metal bell frame to be made in the world.